Tuesday, November 22, 2005

The Journey

The moon is hiding her beautiful face tonight. Her opalescent glory shrouded in thick black cloud. Staring into the night sky I breathe a heavy sigh, sadness washes over me in waves as another sob racks my body, breaking the silence of midnight with the sounds of anguish. I'm unsure how I got here, to this point in my life. My heart is beating rapidly in my chest, two pieces of a once beautiful organ torn apart by loss and loneliness. The pain is excruciating. The cold night air chills me, a frigid wind send goosebumps across my exposed skin. Thunder cracks across the sky and echoes the sound of my breaking heart.

A storm is building. Natures acknowledgement of my grief.

I take another drink. Trying to numb myself with alcohol I wince as the liquid burns my throat.Lightening streaks across the sky, illuminating my surroundings. The heavens open and rain begins to pour. I turn my face upwards, the rain mixes with my tears and slicks back my hair. An involuntary shudder runs through my body. I begin to feel the cold. Protected from the storm by only a thin black silk nightdress that clings to my body like a second skin.

Thunder rolls and the rain beats harder. I take another drink. The bottle is almost empty. My tears have stopped now as I become one with nature. Lying down in the grass, staring into the blackness around me. I'm no longer scared, soon I will not be alone. I watch as the storm rages, my body frozen as I begin my journey. It won't be long now....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home